All students in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, no matter their background or experiences, will successfully graduate from high school equipped with the necessary skills, character and motivation to transition into higher education, careers and satisfying, healthy lives.
Arts & Technology High School is a dynamic learning community supporting the academic success of our diverse student population. All learners, from preschool to high school, collaborate with adults to experience a personalized education, actively contribute to their local community, engage in the creation of a positive school culture and experience support for their emotional, social and learning needs. ATHS supports and ensures academic success through student-engaged proficiency-based learning and assessment, technology integration in all classes, emphasis on the visual arts and creative writing, frequent learning expeditions and a community-based internship program.
· Students are engaged in powerful learning that is active, relevant, customized, fun and rigorous.
· Teachers, student and parents collaborate to develop learning plans and solve problems at family meetings and student-led conferences.
· The school creates a continuum of options available to students.
· Teachers gain a deep, systemic understanding of students’ needs.
· The staff collaborates to develop thoughtful and intentional interventions.· Adults at school create a large circle of support where every staff member shares responsibility for every student.