Benefit Information for all Employees

Section 125: PacificSource Administrators   

The West Linn-Wilsonville School District offers Flexible Spending Account options.  Enrollment is based on a calendar year.  Open enrollment and changes to current accounts occurs each November through mid-December.   

  Website and Contact Information:



Employee Assistance                                                             
There are times in all of our lives when we need a little help. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our Cascade Centers, Inc. EAP can help employees and their families find answers and resolve personal problems.  Your use of our EAP is confidential and will not be disclosed to West Linn-Wilsonville School District. 

Points of EAP Access:
Face-to-Face Counseling Up to 6 annual visits per member.  Employees and family members are seen by an EAP counselor within 15 minutes or 15 miles in city area, 30 minutes or 30 miles in urban areas, or within the customary time and distance for medical services in rural areas.
Telephone Counseling.  When an employee contacts Cascade for an appointment their EAP Service Coordinators obtain general identifying information and asks the client to describe their concern. The employee is then matched with a specific counselor based on specialty and geographic location.
Online.  Cascade’s EAP allows members easy access to information about the benefits that are available to them.

Member Website: Cascade Center EAP Website

For additional information regarding available services contact our EAP at (503) 639-3009 or review their flyer.

Supplemental Retirement Savings Programs                

The West Linn-Wilsonville School District offers two excellent programs through which you may contribute a portion of your current income into supplemental retirement savings accounts.  The programs are the WLWV 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity Program and the WLWV 457(b) Deferred Compensation Program

2014 403(b) TSA Plan and 457 (b) DCP Announcement

For details about contribution limits, authorized investment companies, enrolling in the programs, salary reduction agreement, and much more, visit the West Linn-Wilsonville Section of the Carruth Compliance Consulting (CCC) Website.  Carruth Compliance Consulting, Inc. provides compliance assurance, plan communication, and plan administration services to the District on a contractual basis.  All information on the website has been updated to reflect the changes and enhancements of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA).  

Carruth Compliance Consulting  (West Linn-Wilsonville School District Section)


Federal law requires most employers sponsoring group health plans to offer employees and their families the opportunity to elect a temporary extension of health coverage called "continuation coverage" or "COBRA coverage" in certain instances where coverage under the group health plan would otherwise end. There are also limited continuation rights for continuing your Healthcare FSA.

In addition, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) provides for a 65% subsidy of COBRA premiums for loss of coverage occurring between September 1, 2008 and December 31, 2009 due to the employee’s involuntary termination (unless for gross misconduct).  Learn more about your continuation rights under our medical/prescription/vision and dental plans, and the premium subsidy:
Summary of Rights and Obligations Regarding Continuation of Group Health Plan Coverage

If you have any questions, please contact Jolene May, (503) 673-7037, at the district's business office.

PERS - Public Employees Retirement System

Quarterly Newsletter

April 2010
August 2010
December 2010

Member Website: PERS

If you have any questions, please contact Karen Schiewe, (503) 673-7019.

FAQs - Benefits Frequently Asked Questions               


Q.    What Will My Insurance Out-of-Pocket Be?

 Out of pockets for full time Licensed Employee are based on a pool concept.  These amounts will not be known until after the close of the open enrollment period (end of September).


Q.   When Does My Health Insurance Go Into Effect?

October 1 of each year unless you are hired mid-year.  Then the date your Insurance goes into effect would be the first of the month following your date of hire.


Q.   I Have a Domestic Partner - Can They Be Put On My Insurance?

Yes, both same sex and opposite sex partners are eligible for benefits.  This requires a special form that is available above in the forms section. Please contact Jolene May, or 503-673-7037 in the Business Office with additional questions.


Q.   When Should I Receive My Insurance Cards in the Mail?

Six to eight weeks after the business office receives your paperwork.


Q.   What Do I Do Before I Get My Insurance Card?

For Medical - Your doctor's office may need to re-submit claims to the insurance company.

For Prescriptions - You would be reimbursed:  The reimbursement forms are available above in the forms section.


Q.   What Is a Section 125 Flexible Spending Account and How Can It Be of Benefit to Me?

This allows you to pay for certain health related and/or dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.  These expenses include health, dental, and vision premiums, un-reimbursed medical costs and child care.


Q.   What Is PacificSource?

This is the third party administrator for reimbursement requests from your Section 125 Flexible Spending Account.  Additional information will be available at the Insurance and Benefits meetings.


Q.   How Are My Benefits Affected if I Am Working Part -Time?

You must be working a minimum of .5 FTE to be eligible for insurance and you would be responsible for a percentage of the premium due each month.  In other words, there would be more out of pocket expense incurred monthly.