2022-2023 registration opens
January 31, 2022
West Linn-Wilsonville School District is excited to offer Preschool for interested families for the 2022-2023 school year. Families can learn more about the Preschool program here. (Spanish link here).
Families will be able to register using our online registration system. Families who pre-register for Preschool will be contacted by their school in the coming weeks to request the required deposit.
Early childhood programs in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District are based on the belief that young children "learn by doing". The complex interaction of thinking and experience determines the pace and range of each child's learning and skill development. The goal of our program is to engage children in experiences that enhance the natural processes of physical and intellectual growth. Parents and teachers are partners in support of children's development. Together we create active, productive classrooms and provide enriching home experiences for learning.
Early childhood programs help young learners to:
- Develop curiosity and an eagerness for learning.
- Understand and feel good about him/herself.
- Expand the world he/she lives in.
- Communicate with others in many ways.
- Do things independently and learn to work with others.
- Develop good work habits and attitudes.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Develop muscles, senses, and coordination.
- Handle his/her feelings as well as the feelings of others.
- Develop literacy skills and number concepts.
PreschoolThe West Linn-Wilsonville School District offers Preschool programs at seven of our primary schools - Boeckman Creek, Bolton, Boones Ferry, Cedaroak Park, Stafford, Sunset, and Willamette. The preschool program is tuition-based. Parents need to provide transportation for their children.Click here to see 2022-2023 class offerings. (Click here to see 2022-2023 class offerings in Spanish.)
- West Linn-Wilsonville Schools Preschool Educational Program
- Escuelas West Linn-Wilsonville - Programa Educativo - Preescolar
- West Linn-Wilsonville School District "Welcome to Preschool" Handbook
- Clackamas Educational Service District - Early Childhood Education Services
Information on specialized services available for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers who are determined eligible through an evaluation process.
- Oregon Department of Education, Oregon Head Start Prekindergarten Programs
Includes information regarding and/or links to: the Oregon Head Start Pre-K Program; program activities, reports and requirements; grantee resources and news; and other online resources.
- Early Childhood and Parenting Collaborative (ECAP) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Education
Home to more than a dozen projects that focus on educating and raising young children.
ECAP hosts research, technical assistance, and service projects.
- Clearinghouse on Early Education & Parenting (CEEP)
Provides publications and information to the worldwide early childhood and parenting communities. (Part of ECAP - houses digests and books published by the former ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education - ERIC/EECE.)
- Education Northwest (formerly Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory)
Provides research and development assistance to schools, districts, and communities. Offers a collection of resources focusing on early childhood education.
- Children in Preschool are working toward developing independence in the bathroom. Here are some resources that can help your child develop these skills:
- Toilet Independence Handout for Parents
- Steps Toward Toilet Independence
- Pasos Hacia la Independencia de Uso de Baño