Grading will be weighted as follows:
10% Professionalism & Employability Skills
90% Classwork, Projects, and Assessments
Professionalism & Employabilit (10%)
High school is designed to prepare you for life, which includes having the skills and attitudes that employers will look for and expect. To earn full credit for this portion of your grade, you must demonstrate ALL of the following. Each instance of noncompliance will result in a 2% reduction in your grade. If you get down to 0% for any of the following reasons, this will result in a conference with your parents/guardians.
- Be on time every day. You will be required to make up time for tardies. You can make up unexcused tardies at the rate of 30 minutes for every 3 tardies. Make-up times are during Open Studio hours (see above)
- Put your cell phone away. Cell phone use is permitted only with instructor permission. Each time your cell phone is visible you will lose 2% of your grade.
- Dress professionally. You may wear a hoodie to class, but you may not have the hood on your head at any time.
- Put your earbuds away. Since you will be expected to interact with your team, listening to music is not permitted in class
- Cooperate with your team. Be helpful, follow directions, stay on task
- Stay on task. No employer will be willing to pay you to be distracted on the job. They will expect you to earn every dollar that they pay you.
- Be respectful of other people, equipment, and computers
- Be polite. This is good advice for any situation
Classwork, Projects, and Assessments (90%)
Deadlines and due dates for work and projects are important in the ‘real world’. To prepare you for this, you are expected to complete all the required assignments for this class by the due date given at the time they are assigned. Turn your assignments in on time to avoid losing points. You are required to make every effort to finish work on time, but if there is a legitimate reason for not being able to do this, you MUST fill out a Late Work form before the deadline. Students are granted extra time to complete their best work, with no loss of credit, only if the form is turned in before the assignment is due
Assignments. You will be given adequate time to complete assignments during class, but it will require that you spend your class time wisely. If you are unable to complete an assignment during class, you must make arrangements to finish it as homework or during Open Studio times (see above). Some assignments are designed to help you build skills and will be graded as Complete or Incomplete. Other assignments will be used to assess your mastery of the skills and will receive a letter grade
Tests & Quizzes. These are designed to find out what you have learned. You will not be allowed to retake a test or quiz to improve your score.