We will be following the Edhesive syllabus to prepare students for the exam. Please click the link below to see the full syllabus.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
● Design and implement computer-based solutions to problems.
● Use and implement commonly used algorithms and data structures.
● Develop and select appropriate algorithms and data structures to solve new problems.
● Write solutions fluently an object-oriented paradigm
● Write, run, test and debug solutions in the Java programming language
● Read and understand programs consisting of several classes and interacting objects
● Read and understand a description of the design and development process
● Understand the ethical and social implications of computer use.
Unit 1: Introduction to Java (4 weeks)
Unit 2: Conditionals and Loops (3 weeks)
Unit 3: Strings and One-Dimensional Arrays (5 weeks)
Unit 4: Methods (4 weeks)
Unit 5: User-Defined Classes (4 weeks)
Unit 6: Advanced Classes (5 weeks)
Unit 7: Algorithms -- Searching and Sorting (3 weeks)
Unit 8: Two-Dimensional Arrays (2 weeks)
Unit 9: AP Exam Review (3 weeks)