As of 4/1/20, all information will be updated on Google Classroom.
1st Period Google Classroom Code: 4mnia3d
5th Period Google Classroom Code: h2spsud
Online Text Book ~ Log in with your Google credentials as a STUDENT
Geometry Course Description: This course covers the following concepts: parallel and perpendicular lines, properties and measurement of circles and polygons, transformations, similarity, basic trigonometry, and surface area and volume of 3-dimensional shapes.
Chapter 1/2 Tools of Geometry
Chapter 3 Parallel and Perpendicular
Chapter 4 Transformations
Chapter 5 Congruent Triangles
Chapter 6 Relationships Within Triangles
Chapter 7 Quadrilaterals and Polygons
Chapter 8 Similarity
Chapter 9 Right Triangles and Trigonometry
Chapter 10 Circles
Chapter 11 Circumference, Surface Area, Volume
Chapter 12 Probability (Snow Days Permitting)
Learning Goals and objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to
- Make and test conjectures, follow logical arguments, construct arguments and discuss the validity of those arguments.
- Communicate mathematical ideas using appropriate mathematical language and symbolism.
- Indirectly measure 1, 2, and 3 dimensional geometric figures.
- Determine if two geometric figures are similar, congruent or neither.
- Use sine, cosine, and tangent to solve right triangles.
- Use coordinate geometry in their analysis and proofs of geometric figures.
Standards of Mathematical Practice:
The student will:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make sense of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Scale Factor Project: