As of 4/1/20, all information will be updated on Google Classroom.
2nd Period Google Classroom Code: b4jeojt
4th Period Google Classroom Code: djzud4n
6th Period Google Classroom Code: 74fwavp
Trigonometry Course Description: This class provides an introduction to trigonometry and its applications. Specific topics include: triangle trigonometry, trigonometric functions, trigonometric identities and equations, applications of trigonometry, analytic geometry, and exponential and logarithmic functions.Major Units:Chapter 0: PrelimChapter 1: TrigonometryChapter 2. Analytic TrigonometryChapter 3: Additional Topics in TrigonometryChapter 4: Complex NumbersChapter 5: Exponential and Logarithmic FunctionsChapter 6: Topics in Analytic GeometryLearning Objectives:Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply right triangle trig ratios, law of sines and law of cosines to real world situations
- Prove trigonometric identities and apply them tot he problem solving process
- Utilize trigonometry to solve problems in the complex plane
- Form connections between trigonometry and analytic geometry
- Solve exponential and logarithmic equations and apply those techniques to multi-step application problems
- Model periodic trigonometric functions, their inverses and utilize translation theorems
- Extend the domain of trigonometric functions using the unit circle
- Explain how the unit circle in the coordinate plane enables the extension of trigonometric functions to all real numbers, intrepreted as radian measures of angles traversed counterclockwise around the circle.