ADVANCED ALGEBRA A 2022-2023
Room: 221 Phone: 503-673-7600 x 4698
e-mail: email@example.com (best way to reach me)
- Come to class on time prepared (pencil and calculator) and ready to learn.
- Do your best (WORK HARD and SHOW YOUR WORK!) and take pride in everything you do.
- All assignments should be completed in pencil or erasable pen unless stated otherwise.
- You will be expected to talk in this class and work together.
- Be a positive leader in the classroom.
- Be respectful of others, others’ property, and yourself. Think before you speak and choose your words carefully. Students are expected to work hard in class and to work from beginning to end.
- No cell phones or headphones are to be heard or seen without teacher permission unless it’s an emergency (see Mr. Schramm in this case). Having a phone out takes away from the learning experience so this would affect how a student performs each day. Retake privileges will be lost if
cell phones are out at inappropriate times.
- Tardy Policy
-You are TARDY if you are not in the room when the tone sounds for the start of class. Warm-up problems and class activities start at the beginning of class. Students will lose out on learning/review at the beginning of class. Retake privileges will be lost if cell phones are out at inappropriate times.
- Leaving Class / Bathroom – Locker Trips
-We will have breaks built into the class period. Try to use the bathroom before or after class is in session. You may trade your phone in for the bathroom/hall pass during class.
ASSESSMENT AND GRADING POLICIES
- Daily work, assignments, and computer work
Daily work is to be completed with appropriate steps shown (showing work) and turned in at the end of class, the beginning of class the next day, or at the end of a unit (decided by Mr Schramm). 10 points are possible on each assignment unless otherwise noted. Students who do not understand the assignment are expected to get some help from me or other students. A “10” on a daily work assignment means it is on time, class work is done with appropriate work shown, and they have been engaged on their homework the entire time (headphones away). Students are expected to communicate with other students so this will count as part of their grade, too. Daily work will be graded on accuracy on many occasions. Students interested in retaking assessments must have complete HW.
Organization and taking notes are important so your notebook may be turned in and graded from time to time in this class.
Make-up points for missing items (WS’s, assignments, warm-ups) can be recovered before or after class. See Mr. Schramm for details.
- Tests/Quizzes/Small Assessments/Projects (100%)
Normally you will have one quiz per week (on a particular learning target) to make sure you are keeping on top of the material. Quizzes will assess how the student is understanding and retaining information/steps. Quizzes will be mostly done on Fridays. There will be assessment retakes offered in this class. Information about retakes is posted on google classroom. There will be a final exam and this exam will be graded on a 100% scale (0-100%). A note sheet and a calculator can be used on the final exam.
A = 90% and up, B = 80%-89%, C = 70%-79%, D = 60% to 69%, F = below 60%
Quizzes are scored on a 4 point scale. 4 = 100%, 3 = 83%, 2 = 67%, 1 = 50%.
- MISSING CLASS
- Absences: Class progresses when you are absent. It is your responsibility to collect the missing assignments and any notes. Find someone who can assist you if you miss class. You have two days to make up an assignment before it is considered late. Be proactive about this so you can learn to manage your absences and the work load. Contact me if you have questions about missing class.
- Unexcused Absences Unexcused absences are not valid reasons for missing work. For an unexcused absence you will not be allowed to turn in late work or to retake quizzes. A quiz missed with an unexcused absence is entered as a 0 (0%).
- MATERIALS NEEDED
- Calculator (Any scientific calculator will work)
- Pencils, wired notebooks and folder OR 3 ring-notebook with sleeves for handouts
- Correcting Pen
- Students should take responsibility for communication with their teachers.
- Assignments are accessed through google classroom.
- Google classroom code is : fxsgz5x
- Check your grade/attendance every week.
Please share this information with your parent(s)/guardian, complete the requested information, and have your parent(s)/guardian sign to indicate that they have read it as well.