KindergartenAll West Linn-Wilsonville Primary Schools offer Kindergarten Programs. Children must be 5 years old by September 1 of the calendar year for which they are registering to enter kindergarten.In the West Linn-Wilsonville School District our Kindergarten day, like the rest of our grade level days, is a full school day of learning. A full day of learning in our schools means your child can delve deeply into Literacy, Mathematics, and Science/Social Studies learning every day with ample time for new learning and practice. A full-day Kindergarten means your child will have two sessions of Music and PE/Wellness every week and lots of opportunities throughout the week to visit the school library to read, research, and take books home to enjoy together. Our full-day Kindergarten program also provides access for children to assemblies, field trips, and special events during the school day and school year.
2020-2021 Kindergarten RegistrationKindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year begins, January 7, 2020. Parents may pick up registration forms from any of our primary schools on January 7, 2020 or download the forms from this webpage. Completed forms can be returned to your home school office beginning January 7, 2020.
Dual Language (Spanish) Kindergarten Programs are available at Trillium Creek and Lowrie Primary Schools. This is the entry for the K-5 district dual language program. The Dual Language Application of Interest Form is available at: https://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/domain/1467Complete and return the above 2020-2021 Kindergarten Packet containing:
- Kindergarten Registration Checklist
- District Student Registration Form (two pages, be sure to sign and date)
- Proof of Residency/Address Documentation
- Oregon Certificate of Immunization Status (two pages, be sure to sign and date)
- Vision Health Screening Certificate
- Dental Screening Certificate
- Proof of age (i.e., birth certificate, passport, hospital announcement, baptismal certificate, health insurance forms w/birth date, state services documentation such as welfare benefits w/birth date).
Also REQUIRED when submitting Kindergarten registration: Photo copy of certified birth certificate (can be issued by the state or the hospital).
For registration questions, school placement availability, scheduling a site visit or questions regarding age of enrollment for your student - please contact the school office.
KINDERGARTEN OPEN HOUSE MEETINGS:
- Boeckman Creek Primary School - Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Bolton Primary School - Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:30 pm
- Boones Ferry Primary School - Thursday, May 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Cedaroak Park Primary School - Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 3:15 pm
- Lowrie Primary School -
- Stafford Primary School -
- Sunset Primary School - Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Trillium Creek Primary School - Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- Willamette Primary School - Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 3:00 pm
- Early Childhood Special Education - Incoming Kindergarten Parent meeting - Monday, February 3, 6:00 pm at the District Office/Board Room.
Information on specialized services available for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers determined eligible through an evaluation process.
Home to more than a dozen projects that focus on educating and raising young children.
ECAP hosts research, technical assistance, and service projects.
Provides publications and information to the worldwide early childhood and parenting communities. (Part of ECAP - houses digests and books published by the former ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education - ERIC/EECE.)
Provides research and development assistance to schools, districts, and communities. Offers a collection of resources focusing on early childhood education.
- An important part of preparing for Kindergarten is developing independence in the bathroom. Here are some resources that can help your child come to Kindergarten toilet-ready: