Willamette Primary School
Willamette Primary School was first constructed as a two story school in 1896. In 1912 additional buildings were built and in 1936 all were torn down to build a new school which then burned down in 1949. In 1950 school opened again and has continued to house K-5 ever since. In 1956 additional classrooms were added, in 1965 the cafeteria and work spaces were built. In the late 1980's the gymnasium burned and remodeled. In 1990 and 1991 the gym was re-built as well as some additional classrooms. 1999 saw the addition of some covered play area and 2003 added a media center. Several interior remodels have happened over the years as well making Willamette a great neighborhood primary school.