Room: 221 Phone: 503-673-7600 x 4698
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to reach me)
- Come to class on time prepared (book, pencil, and calculator) ready to learn.
- Do your best (WORK HARD and SHOW YOUR WORK!) and take pride in everything you do.
- Be a positive leader in the classroom.
- Be respectful of others, others’ property, and yourself. Think before you speak and choose your words carefully. Students are expected to work hard in class and to work from beginning to end.
- No cell phones or headphones are to be heard or seen without teacher permission unless it’s an emergency (see Mr. Schramm in this case). Having a phone out takes away from the learning experience so this would affect how a student performs each day.
- Tardy Policy
-You are TARDY if you are not in the room when the tone sounds for the start of class. Warm-up problems start at the beginning of class. Students will lose out on learning/review and problem solving skills.
- Leaving Class / Bathroom – Locker Trips
-We will have breaks built into the class period. Try to use the bathroom before or after class is in session.
ASSESSMENT AND GRADING POLICIES
- Daily work, assignments, and computer work
All of this will help students do well on assessments. Daily work is to be completed with appropriate steps shown (showing work) and turned in at the end of class, the beginning of class the next day, or at the end of a unit. Students who do not understand the assignment are expected to get some help from me or other students. Daily work is important for students so they can check if they are hitting their learning targets.
Organization and taking notes are important so your notebook may be checked from time to time in this class.
Computer work will be done most days. Quizizz.com and kahoot are the two most common computer tools I will use for checking for understanding with student work.
- Tests/Quizzes/Small Assessments/Projects (100%)
Normally we will have one quiz per week to make sure you are keeping on top of the material. Quizzes will assess how the student is understanding and retaining information/steps. Tests will happen during the middle of a unit or at the end, depending on the length of the unit. Tests will be much longer than the weekly quizzes. Smaller assessments and check-ins and may occur several times per week. These could be solo or in a group. A final exam will be given at the end of the semester and will be worth approximately 10% of the final grade. There might be a project offered in this class. There will assessment retakes offered in this class.
A = 90% and up, B = 80%-89%, C = 70%-79%, D = 60% to 69%, F = below 60%
- MISSING CLASS
- Absences: Class progresses when you are absent. It is your responsibility to collect the missing assignments and any notes. Find someone who can assist you if you miss class. Be proactive about this so you can learn to manage your absences and the work load. Contact me if you have questions about missing class.
- Unexcused Absences Unexcused absences are not valid reasons for missing work. A test or quiz missed with an unexcused absence is entered as a 0.
- MATERIALS NEEDED
- Graphing calculator or another scientific calculator (TI-83 Plus or TI 84 or TI-84 Plus are the best)
- Pencils, wired notebooks and folder OR 3 ring-notebook with sleeves for handouts
- Graph Paper
- Students should take responsibility for communication with their teachers.
- Assignments are handed out during class or may be accessed on google classroom.
- Check your grade/attendance every week.
Please share this information with your parent(s)/guardian, complete the requested information, and have your parent(s)/guardian sign to indicate that they have read it as well. PLEASE PRINT THIS OFF. COMPLETE IT, TAKE A PICTURE, AND SEND IT TO ME OR JUST FILL OUT THE 4 LINES BELOW ON A SHEET OF PAPER AND SEND IT TO ME.