Early childhood programs in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District are based on the belief that young children "learn by doing". The complex interaction of thinking and experience determine the pace and range of each child's learning and skill development. The goal of our program is to engage children in experiences that enhance the natural processes of physical and intellectual growth. Parents and teachers are partners in support of children's development. Together we create active, productive classrooms and provide enriching home experiences for learning.
Early childhood programs help young learners to:
- Develop curiosity and an eagerness for learning.
- Understand and feel good about him/herself.
- Expand the world he/she lives in.
- Communicate with others in many ways.
- Do things independently and learn to work with others.
- Develop good work habits and attitudes.
- Listen and follow directions.
- Develop muscles, senses, and coordination.
- Handle his/her feelings as well as the feelings of others.
- Develop literacy skills and number concepts.
PreschoolThe West Linn-Wilsonville School District offers preschool programs at six of our primary schools - Boeckman Creek, Bolton, Boones Ferry, Cedaroak Park, Stafford, and Sunset. The preschool program is tuition-based. Parents need to provide transportation for their child.
2020-2021 Preschool RegistrationPreschool programs are offered at six of our primary schools. Specific class details (days, times, costs) are available in the registration packet. Registration packets will be available January 7, 2020 and can be obtained from any of our primary schools or downloaded from this webpage.A non-refundable deposit ($125.00) is required at the time of registration and is applied towards the first month's tuition. Families who need financial assistance to access preschool may contact the school office and speak with the principal.Participation in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District Preschool Program is not considered "currently enrolled" for the purpose of K-12 Open Enrollment or Inter-District Transfer Requests.2019-2020 Boeckman Creek Preschool Registration Packet
Boeckman Creek Spanish Preschool Registration Packet2019-2020 Boones Ferry Preschool Registration Packet
Boones Ferry Spanish Preschool Registration Packet2019-2020 Cedaroak Park Preschool Registration Packet
Cedaroak Park Spanish Preschool Registration PacketCompleted forms with deposit will be accepted at the school beginning on January 7, 2020.In the event that a class is cancelled due to low registration, we will notify you as soon as possible and return your deposit. Out-of-district enrollment will be accepted on a space-available basis.Complete and return the packet containing:
- Preschool locations, days, times, and costs (information only)
- District Student Registration Form - 2 pages
- Preschool Preference Form (choice of location and program)
- Tuition Agreement (complete the form for the specific program you are registering for
- Oregon Certificate of Immunization Status (pages 1 & 2 must be completed, signed, & dated)
- Vision Screening Form
- Dental Screening Certification Form
Also REQUIRED when submitting Preschool registration: A photo copy of certified birth certificate (can be issued by the state or the hospital).To register, check on placement availability, schedule a school tour or specific preschool class questions, please contact the school office.
Photo: Jim Hart, West Linn Tidings
- West Linn-Wilsonville Schools Preschool Educational Program
- Escuelas West Linn-Wilsonville - Programa Educativo - Preescolar
- West Linn-Wilsonville School District "Welcome to Preschool" Handbook
- Clackamas Educational Service District - Early Childhood Education Services
Information on specialized services available for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers determined eligible through an evaluation process.
- Oregon Department of Education, Oregon Head Start Prekindergarten Programs
Includes information regarding and/or links to: the Oregon Head Start Pre-K Program; program activities, reports and requirements; grantee resources and news; and other online resources.
- Early Childhood and Parenting Collaborative (ECAP) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Education
Home to more than a dozen projects that focus on educating and raising young children.
ECAP hosts research, technical assistance, and service projects.
- Clearinghouse on Early Education & Parenting (CEEP)
Provides publications and information to the worldwide early childhood and parenting communities. (Part of ECAP - houses digests and books published by the former ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education - ERIC/EECE.)
- Education Northwest (formerly Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory)
Provides research and development assistance to schools, districts, and communities. Offers a collection of resources focusing on early childhood education.