Welcome to Mr. Daigle's 7th Grade Language Arts!
Using reading and writing as a vehicle to expand our thinking and understanding of larger concepts, we will be focusing on the following essential questions this year:
- How does the world around me — my background, my experience, and my thoughts for the future — shape who I am and where I fit into my surroundings?
- How do I honor another’s identity while maintaining my own?
- What is community and what contributes to developing a community? How do I work with others to contribute to the whole community?
- What creates and contributes to conflict among individuals and groups?
- How does conflict lead to change?
- How does culture define us?
- How do I share my cultural beliefs with others while also accepting awareness of our differences?
- What problem-solving strategies can individuals use to manage challenge, conflict, and change?
- As I question and evaluate my own views, how do I accept and/or challenge the views of others?
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org