Internship Pathways Description
What is the WLWV Internship Pathways program?
The Internship Pathways program is a career-based learning program where entering Sophomore, Juniors, or Seniors in high school gain hands-on work experience at a local business, organization, or in the school district. Internships are unpaid carefully monitored work experiences where a student is trained in specific career area. Internships do not lead to employment at the end of the internship. Below has a menu of available internships, please review the available internships and apply today!
Students learn job specific skills, build their resume, and explore a career path.
After logging 30 project hours and completing career-based assignments a student earns .5 elective high school credit. Students also have the option of earning 1 Clackamas Community College (CCC) credit ($10 fee, waived for those on free or reduced lunch). To earn HS/CCC credit a student needs to complete career-based assignments in addition to the 30 hours project time. Assignments include interviewing a professional, researching a career field, and updating your resume.
(Fall openings are now closed, apply now to be notified when Spring 2022 opportunities become available)
Menu of Fall Internships (FALL INTERNSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED AND INTERVIEWS ARE IN PROGRESS)
PAST HOSTING PARTNERS
We would like to thank the below community partners for connecting high school students to career-based learning opportunities.
2019/2020 INTERNSHIP PARTNERS
- City of West Linn Parks & Recreation
- Clackamas River Basin Council
- Clackamas Workforce Partnership
- Engaging Local Government Leaders
- Kids First Pediatric Clinic
- Metro Native Plant Center
- Oregon City Farmers Market
- Oregon Institute of Technology
- PAWs Animal Shelter
- Sundstrom Clinical Services
- Wilsonville Public Library
We would like to thank the below mentors for providing support and feedback to students during their internships.
- Charlie Hyman Photography
- Corrie Coston Photography
- Kim Elliott Photography
- Greater Oregon City Watershed Council (remote video)
- Metro Recycling (remote graphic arts)
- Nancy Steele Photography
- The Nature Conservancy (remote graphic arts)
CAREER TOUR PARTNERS
We would like to thank the below partners for hosting a career tour of your business.
LUNCHTIME CAREER CHAT PARTNERS
We would like to thank the below partners for offering your time to chat with our students during upcoming lunchtime career chats.
We would like to thank the below indivduals and partners for presenting to students about your career profession.
- Adam Spencer (Video)
- Alex Nolan (Industrial Designer)
- City of West Linn- Jerry Gabrielatos (Government)
- Clackamas County Water Environment Services- Gail Shaloum- (Environmental Science)
- Clackamas River Basin Council- Suzi Cloutier (Environmental Outreach)
- Elaine Hsieh (Marketing and Event Management)
- Engaging Local Government Leaders- Kirsten Wyatt (Finance and Non-profit management)
- Jimmy Nguyen (Industrial Designer)
- Josh Farmer (Video Game Designer)
- Kaiser Permanente
- Dr. Lindsay Sparks (General Practitioner)
- Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife- John Cox and Kevin Rybacki (Fish Biologists)
- Sal Reda (Graphic Designer and UIUX Designer)
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service- Todd McKinney (Environmental Outreach)
- Wriik Maui (Digital marketing)
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A YOUTH INTERNSHIP?
If you are a business or organization interested in hosting a youth internship or a student who has questions about internships please contact: Laura Nappi, Internship Coordinator, NappiL@wlwv.k12.or.us (503) 673-7000 ext 4635
DO YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT YOUR INTERNSHIP?
Do you have a concern about your internship?
Are you an intern and have a concern about your internship, were injured, or had an uncomfortable situation with a person at your internship site? Please complete the Internship Concern Reporting Form. You can also contact the CREST Internship Coordinator directly at (503) 673-7000 ext 6348 or email NappiL@wlwv.k12.or.us