5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Special Ed-5th Grade Parent Information Night at Inza Wood Middle School
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Incoming 15-16 Dual Language Kinder Orientation
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM 5th Grade Parent Information Night at Inza Wood Middle School
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM PTA Meeting
9:10 AM - 2:00 PM Kindergarten Field Trip
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM 4th Grade Energy Summit
It is amazing to think that we will soon be closing the chapter on year three of Lowrie Primary School. I am so thankful to all of your for your tremendous support, kindness and care for our new school community. Words simply cannot express the gratitude each of us who are fortunate to work at Lowrie each day are for all you have done to help make this such an incredible year. Thus, a simple thank you will have to do.
Soon our outstanding 5th grade group will be leaving us. This group’s leadership and contributions over their time at Lowrie has been remarkable. As with all 5th grade groups, it is hard to say good-bye, but we also know that we have all done a wonderful job preparing them for the next chapter of their lives. We recently held our Kindergarten Round-up and welcomed a new group of curious and eager Lowrie students. It was wonderful to feel their energy and excitement for all the possibilities school has to offer.
This all makes me think of the cycle of growth each child shows over the year. When we think about what we want for our children here at Lowrie, we want them to carry forward an eagerness for what is possible with sense of curious exploration that the new kindergarteners show and the purposeful, thoughtful learning our 5th graders take with them to middle school. It has been an incredible year in so many different ways and as we launch our 5th graders and welcome new kindergarteners, we do this together with a strong sense of purpose and community.
As we look toward the end of the year, here are some key dates to put on your calendars:
· June 10 – Field Day – This is a time to come children to come to collaborate and team together in a spirit of fun and good cheer.
· June 11 – 5th graders will be going bowling together and then to Sofia Park for pizza and kick ball to celebrate the end of their primary school years.
· June 12 – 5th grade recognition celebration – This celebration will take place on the morning of June 12, which is the last day of school. At this event, the three 5th grades, their teachers and parents will gather in the gym for breakfast. There will be a short recognition ceremony to recognize each class and their achievements. This will also be a time for the 5th graders to spend some quality time together as a class and to sign yearbooks. There will also be a slide show of the year that highlights all that this group has done over the year.
· June 12 – Dismissal at 10:45
I want to take a moment and thank the entire PTA for their generous spirit, their care for staff and dedication to students they have shown this year. I would also like to specifically thank the executive committee for the tireless dedication and efforts on behalf of the entire school community. Thank you to Travis Tadema, Carrie Keith, Jill Saucedo, Mary Charpentier, Jamie Goodpaster and Sherine Beltran – all of who have put their hearts and souls into the work and I am indebted to them for their leadership, support and care. Thank you. As always, thank you to each member of our school community for all you do each day for children, staff and the school.
With warmth and gratitude, Patrick
Bell Depart Schools
11:50 12:00* HIGH: West Linn – as buses arrive - first/second wave combined
11:45 11:55* HIGH: Wilsonville – as buses arrive
12:20 12:30 MIDDLE: Athey Creek, Rosemont Ridge, Wood
12:40 12:50* HIGH: Arts & Technology - June 11 is last day
Pick-up, Drop off and Parking Information
• We welcome parents to drop off their children in the gym in
the morning or to meet them after school each day.
• It is important to be mindful of families walking to their cars –
please drive slowly in the parking lot.
• If you are coming into the school, to please park in the
parking lot. I realize that parking is tight, but if you would like to
pick up your child by the buses, we ask that you park in the
• Please only use the handicap slots if you have a handicap
• The curbside is meant just for dropping off and picking up
only. It is very important that drivers remain at the wheel
while waiting for you child. I know that it can get busy,
especially during dismissal, but our goal is to keep the curbside
flowing as much as possible.
• Parents parking in the parking lot and not along the curb in
will certainly help with overall flow within the parking lot.
• Parents are certainly welcome to drop-off and pick-up their
children out by the entry plaza in the back of the school. This
can be a more efficient and quick way to collect your child
at the end of the day.