As an ASPIRE mentor, you will play a unique role in the life of a student as you help guide and assist them in pursuing education and training beyond high school.
Why should I mentor a student?
· Create an interest in education and training beyond high school
· Improve classroom attendance
· Increase scholastic ability and performance
· Give students hope for their future
What makes a good mentor?
· Being enthusiastic
· Having an interest in working with youth
· Being reliable and consistent
· Following program policies and procedures
How do I become a mentor?
· Contact ATHS ASPIRE Coordinator Eric Wallace
· Complete an application
· Criminal background check cleared with the ASPIRE site
· Attend an orientation
· Participate in a training