There are many opportunities to judge or volunteer for the CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium.
We need scientists and engineers from our community to serve as science fair judges. This interaction is often the most powerful part of a young person's experience of developing and presenting a project, and adds authenticity to students' learning experience.
An overview of judge expectations, qualifications, organization and the judging process can be found here: Judge Information.
High School: Monday, March 4, 2019 from 9:00-4:30 at Wilsonville High School
Middle School: Friday, March 9, 2018 from 9:30-4:00 Meridian Creek Middle School
To register as a judge for one science fairs, please click here: Judge Registration.
- If you are a new user, you will need to create an account to before registering as a judge.
- Sign in, scroll down to the judge menu and select "Register for a fair". We are part of the Northwest Science Expo System (NWSES).
- Once in NWSES, select either the CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium or the WLWV-Middle School Science Fair. You will not be registered for any other fairs unless you select them.
- Select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd category judging preferences.
- When your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Judge Coordinator.
For any questions about judging or judge registration, please e-mail our Judge Coordinator, Ellen Haugh, at email@example.com.
VolunteerThere are many ways to get involved in preparation for the fairs and fair-day events. Some of our most important support needs are listed below. If you are interested in helping with any of these tasks, please contact Ellen Haugh firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assembling judge packets and judging materials
- Assisting with fair setup (checking in students, safety-checking project displays)
- Hospitality: (food service setup, hosting judge welcome table, photography, hosting judge's room)