Judge & Volunteer Registration
We need scientists, doctors, and engineers from our community and beyond to serve as science fair judges. This interaction is often the most powerful part of a young person's experience of developing and presenting a project and adds authenticity to students' learning experiences.
High School: Monday, March 11, 2024 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at West Linn High School
Middle School: Monday, March 11, 2024 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at West Linn High School
Instructions for registering as a Judge:
- Visit the following website: https://affiliatedfairs.org/fair_apps/
- New users will need to create an account,
- Sign in to your account and scroll down to the judge menu,
- You will be asked to update your personal information,
- Select the CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium from the list of Regional Fairs,
- Select division (HS = High School or MS = Middle School) and judge type (Category, Finalist, or Special Awards),
- Choose your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference of categories you wish to judge, then select the FINISH button,
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and category preference.
- If you need to change your division or category choices, you may revisit the website and make changes.
- For any questions about judging or judge registration, please e-mail our Fair Director, Danielle Schroeder, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An overview of judge qualifications, organization, and the judging process can be found here: https://nwse.org/judgequalifications/
There are many ways to get involved in preparation for the fairs and fair-day events. Some of our most important support needs are listed below. If you are interested in helping with any of these tasks, please e-mail our Fair Director, Danielle Schroeder, at email@example.com
- Assembling judge packets and judging materials
- Assisting with fair setup (checking in students, safety-checking project displays)
- Hospitality: (food service setup, hosting judge check-in table, hosting judge's room)