There are many opportunities to judge or volunteer for the CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium.
This year the 21st annual CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium will take place on Monday, February 28, 2022.
We need scientists and engineers from our community and beyond to serve as science fair judges. This interaction is often the most powerful part of a young person's experience of developing and presenting a project, and adds authenticity to students' learning experience.
An overview of judge expectations, qualifications, organization and the judging process can be found here: Judge Qualifications and Information.
*** Vaccination and masking will be required for all judges. ***
High School: Monday, February 28, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at West Linn High School
Middle School: Monday, February 28, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at West Linn High School
Instructions for registering as a Judge:
- New users will need to create an account,
- Sign in to your account and scroll down to the judge menu,
- You will be asked to update your personal information,
- Select the CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium from the list of Regional Fairs,
- Select your division (HS = High School or MS = Middle School) and judge type (Category, Finalist, or Special Awards),
- Choose your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference for categories you wish to judge, then select the FINISH button.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and category preference.
- If you need to change your division or category choices you may revisit the website and make changes.
Please click here for the judge registration website: Judge Registration
For any questions about judging or judge registration, please e-mail our Judge Coordinator, Ellen Haugh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to get involved in preparation for the fairs and fair-day events. Some of our most important support needs are listed below. If you are interested in helping with any of these tasks, please contact Ellen Haugh email@example.com.
- Assembling judge packets and judging materials
- Assisting with fair setup (checking in students, safety-checking project displays)
- Hospitality: (food service setup, hosting judge check-in table, hosting judge's room)