The education of gifted children in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District is a vibrant, constantly improving educational initiative that works to provide a quality education for all our identified gifted students. The district recognizes the importance of differentiated learning experiences for gifted learners and acknowledges the value of integration within the regular program.
The heart of Gifted Education is seen in:
- Challenging classroom-based instruction characterized by differentiated instruction
- Flexible skill-based groupings
- Complex integrated problem solving challenges
- Individually designed inquiry-based research projects designed to fit the academic rate and level of each student
- Additional activities and enrichment opportunities to enhance the classroom program
For more information on our district program, including links to our district handbook, general resources, and information on identification and signing up for our district gifted education list serve, please see our district website.
Boones Ferry Primary has a Parent Advisory Committee called A.C.E (Academic Committee for Enrichment for all) which meets monthly with our building principal and instructional coordinator. This group has helped create many Above and Beyond--Touch the Sky enrichment opportunities.
Contact Margaret Wattman-Turner, our Instructional Coordinator with any questions.