Tech Tools for Staff
GroupWise WebAccessThis enables you to access your GroupWise email from off-site. Note that you do NOT provide your full email address to log in. Simply provide your username - this is the part of your email address that is in front of the @ sign.
Schoolmaster StaffLink (formerly known as WebAccess)This will provide "lookup" access for information about students for school office workers. In addition, Teachers' Integrated Gradebook can be accessed via the weblink below, including for all input of data:
Online Password ChangerThe Online Password Changer allows you to change yournetworkpassword (note that this is not necessarily the same as your GroupWise password) through a webpage without needing to use a Windows PC with the Novell client.
Google Apps for WLWV StaffStaff have access to our Google Docs/Drive/Apps system. Your username is your full GroupWise email address. You can get your password from your IT staff or local Teacher-Librarian.Note that confidential student information should NOT be included in any Google-hosted document or system.You can gain access using the links below:Drive: https://drive.google.com (opens in new window)Docs: https://docs.google.com (opens in new window)Sheets: https://sheets.google.com (opens in new window)** Teachers and Staff should never publish recognizable pictures of students under age 12 on the web. And, only pictures of students over 12 whose parents have NOT objected should be used as well. Consult with office staff at your school about this specific setting on a per-student basis.Note that WLWV staff do NOT use the email component of G Suite for Education. Emails created from and for things like sharing documents will come directly into your GroupWise account.
Connect to WLWV CloudConnecting to the WLWV Storage Cloud allows you to access our school district's centralized storage facilities. These utilities will work within the school district network.
Connect to WLWV Cloud for Mac 10.6
Connect to WLWV Cloud for Mac 10.7
Connect to WLWV Cloud for Mac 10.8
iPad: FileBrowser appObtain the app called "File Browser" from the AppStore on the iPad to access our centralized storage systems. The app is not free and must be purchased in the AppStore. Instructions for setting up and using the FileBrowser app.
Android: WebDAV File ManagerDownload the free app called "WebDAV File Manager". There are many WebDAV clients for Android - this particular one is that we have used and found success with. There have been others that we have tested that did NOT work. Instructions for setting up and using the FileBrowser app.
NetStorage allows you to access files located at school. Using NetStorage, you can download and work on files located on any of the drives you can access at school.
NetStorage provides two ways to access your files, via a modern web-browser, or via WebDAV using a WebDAV client. Look below to see which one is right for you.
Browser-based WebDav Browser-based
- Supports any modern web browser (Mozilla 1.7, Mozilla Firefox, Safari 1.0, or Internet Explorer 6)
- Does not require any configuration or software to be installed.
- Allows you to upload, download, move, copy, delete, and salvage files.
- Does not allow you to upload multiple files at a time.
- Does not allow file access directly from within Microsoft Office applications.
- ... when you are using someone else's computer or a public workstation.
- ... when you need quick access to single files from your network drives.
- Uses a WebDAV client (There is a WebDAV client built into Windows 2000/XP)
- Requires one-time set up of WebDAV URL in Windows.
- Allows you to upload, download, create folders, move, copy, and delete files.
- Allows you to upload/download multiple files and folders at a time.
- Allows you to access files directly from within MS Office's Open and Save dialogs.
- ... when you are using your own computer, and will need frequent access to your network files.
- ... when you need to upload/download multiple files at once.
- ... when you want to access your network files directly from within Microsoft Office applications' Open and Save dialog boxes.
You should now use your school district provided Novell network username (the first part of your email address) and network password to gain access to these updated tools.
Primary School NetStorage Access
- Boeckman Creek Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Boones Ferry Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Bolton Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Cedaroak Park Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Lowrie Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Stafford Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Sunset Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Trillium Creek Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Willamette Primary - NetStorage (opens in new window)
Middle School NetStorage Access
- Athey Creek Middle - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Inza Wood Middle - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Meridian Creek Middle - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Rosemont Ridge Middle - NetStorage (opens in new window)
High School NetStorage Access
- West Linn High - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Wilsonville High - NetStorage (opens in new window)
- Arts & Technology Hig - NetStorage (opens in new window)
Other Netstorage Access
Once you have gained access, you should have access to all of your network drives and directories as if you were at school. Note that your H drive shows up listed as "Home".
When using NetStorage, you need to realize that you will be transferring files between your local computer at home and your network directories at school. If you try to access a file on the network drives, you will be prompted to download it. You can then make any changes desired, then use the "File" menu to re-upload it.
You will likely find the "Folder View" button useful in helping to determine where you are at any point in time.
Access to your network-based storage locations on the district file servers. When prompted for the username and password, the username is your GroupWise email account (including the @wlwv.k12.or.us) and your password is your network password.
GroupWise Third Party Email Client SetupGroupWise can work with virtually any 3rd party email client for sending and receiving email.Email Receiving Settings:Set up the client as an IMAP client (not as a POP) client. These settings will allow you to receive email.IMAP Address: wlwv.k12.or.usIMAP Port: 143SSL: EnabledUsername: Full Email Address (eg: email@example.com)Password: GroupWise PasswordEmail Sending Settings:To be able to send email from your phone, you need to set up the Sending system.SMTP Address: wlwv.k12.or.usPort: 587SMTP Authentication: EnabledSSL: EnabledUsername: Full Email Address (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org)Password: GroupWise Password
GWAVA GroupWise Quarantine
This enables you to access your quarantined email. Quarantined email is email that was determined to be suspicious in nature and thus was held. Use your GroupWise Email Account (email@example.com) as the username and your GroupWise password to gain access.
Download, install, and use the Instant Messaging system that integrates with our network.
This utility is designed to allow users to print to network printers in the district/building from home. You will download the iPrint Client and install it first. Then, restart your computer, come back to here, then click the link to the printer you want to print to. The driver will be downloaded and installed on your local hard drive.
All iPrint Printers are now available from the same server: http://iprint.wlwv.k12.or.us/ipp
Schoolmaster Remote Access for Office Workers and Administrators
Access to the Schoolmaster system can be gained by using Windows Remote Desktop Access. Access must be setup and approved. This access requires that the Microsoft Terminal Services (mstsc.exe) client be available on PCs. Macintosh users should search for and install "Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client".
Note that the links above will ONLY work if you have a remote access account with the appropriate credentials. Only office and admin users will be granted this access. Teachers should use Schoolmaster StaffLink.
Useful iPad/iPhone Profiles for StaffThese are a few useful profiles for use with iPads. From your iPad, click on the link and you should be prompted to install the profile.
If you need help removing a previously loaded profile, contact your IT Specialist or submit a trouble ticket.GroupWise Email Setup for iPad/iPhone: This profile inserts most of the settings needed to set up your GroupWise email on your iPad as an IMAP client. Now, SSL secured. If you have the old one (above - non-SSL), remove it and click the link to load the SSL-enabled one.
Enable Access to Apple iCloud: This profile will remove the restriction from being able to use the Apple iCloud.