Primary Strings Program
*Primary Strings classes will resume following winter break on Tues. Jan. 15th for Wilsonville classes and Thurs. Jan 17th for West Linn classes.*
Strings Parents: If you have paid online for your student to participate in Primary Strings, YOU MUST STILL SEND IN YOUR REGISTRATION FORM. (We are in need of the information requested in that form. If you have not already, please mail or email your form immediately!)
West Linn-Wilsonville School District
Beginning Strings and Intermediate Orchestra 2018-2019
Dear Parents and Students,
We are very excited about the beginning strings and intermediate orchestra program. A strong strings program starts at the primary level. Our goal is to provide instruction that will develop a lifetime of music, discipline, confidence, lasting friendships and accomplishment. We look forward to an amazing year of music and learning. To assist in making our strings program as accessible as possible we are offering instruction at 2 district locations, ONE day per week, with bus service provided to each location from your neighborhood school! **Stafford students can take advantage of Strings busing to the Boeckman location. There is no Stafford bus service to Cedaroak for the Thursday class. (Parents are responsible for timely pickup after strings class). Primary Strings musicians and Orchestra members will participate in 2 concerts this year: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at Rosemont Ridge Middle School (gym) at 7 pm and Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 at Wilsonville High School (main gym) at 7 pm.
- Who can join: Any 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade student!
- When: Wilsonville Strings & Orchestra Classes
Tuesdays 2:45 - 3:30 pm. at Boeckman Creek Primary School
Classes begin Tuesday, October 16th.
West Linn Strings & Orchestra Classes
Thursdays, 2:45 - 3:30 p.m. at Cedaroak Park Primary School
Classes begin Thursday, October 18th.
- Cost: $99 for the year (payable to WLWV School District)
Strings Registration fee can also be paid by credit card online! Please follow this link:
(or visit our district webpage - departments - business office - credit card payments)
- Instruments: Students can choose to play violin, viola, cello, or double bass. You will need to provide your own instrument.
If you do not have an instrument of your own, we recommend renting a good quality instrument. For rental information,
please contact our Strings Director, Nathan Givens at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate Orchestra: Students must have completed one year of beginning strings or have at least one year of previous playing experience to enroll in Intermediate Orchestra.
- Parent Information Meeting (optional): On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., we will be hosting an informational meeting at the West Linn-Wilsonville School District Office (22210 SW Stafford Road, Tualatin). We hope to answer any additional questions you may have. Students are encouraged to attend as we will have instruments available for sizing and hands-on testing. Parent meeting is completely optional.
- Registration: Please send your registration form and fee to: Julie Lane - West Linn-Wilsonville School District
22210 SW Stafford Road
Tualatin, OR 97062
- Registration form: 2018-2019 WLWV Primary Strings Registration Form
*Please return the registration form to register your child, even if you are paying online.*
More information about strings in WLWV.