School Year Calendars
Please note that the last day of school for students is now scheduled to be Thursday, June 14 (not June 12) due to making up the two inclement weather days (Feb 21 and Feb 22) when schools were closed.
Friday, June 15 will be the last work day for most staff.
2017-2018 School Calendars 2018-2019 School Calendars (Adopted Feb 5, 2018)
This school year (2017-18), next school year (2018-19), and into the foreseeable future, the district will start before Labor Day (the last week of August). The district has made that decision for the following reasons:
- The calendar change follows both a state and national trend, which better aligns West Linn-Wilsonville with national curriculum, assessments, AP courses for high school students, and also college schedules.
- Starting prior to Labor Day gives students and teachers in AP courses the necessary time to cover content that is needed for AP testing. AP testing is scheduled by the College Board, which follows east coast start dates that begin before Labor Day.
- Starting prior to Labor Day balances first and second semester at the secondary level, allowing for nearly equal instructional time. This helps teachers and students cover curriculum content and provides a better educational experience.
- Starting before Labor Day allows for better schedule alignment of the primary, middle, and high school calendars, so that families with students at different levels experience more consistency.
- School districts are encouraged by the Oregon School Athletic Association (OSAA) to start in August, to better align with other Oregon schools and the OSAA fall sports schedule.
- The district wants to consistently start school before Labor Day into the future, so that WLWV families know what to prepare for.
Go to EMS District Facility Scheduling System to request or view facility use.
Using facilities outside of school hours must be booked in the EMS System.