School Year Calendars
2018-2019 School Calendars (Revised June 26, 2018)
UPDATE: April 24 is now a FULL day of school for all students. May 8 is a full Professional Growth Wednesday, meaning there is no school for all students. May 22 is Professional Growth Wednesday for PRIMARY Level only. The last day of school for the 2018-19 school year is Tuesday, June 11 due to snow closures in February. The district builds three days into the school year in the event of closures. If a third closure is observed in 2018-19, the last day of school would move to Wednesday, June 12.
2019-2020 School Calendars (Adopted January 14, 2019) 2020-2021 School Calendars (Adopted January 14, 2019)
Into the foreseeable future, the district will start before Labor Day (the last week of August) as has been the case for the last couple years. The district has made that decision for the following reasons:
- The calendar change follows both a state and national trend, which better aligns West Linn-Wilsonville with national curriculum, assessments, AP courses for high school students, and also college schedules.
- Starting prior to Labor Day gives students and teachers in AP courses the necessary time to cover content that is needed for AP testing. AP testing is scheduled by the College Board, which follows east coast start dates that begin before Labor Day.
- Starting prior to Labor Day balances first and second semester at the secondary level, allowing for nearly equal instructional time. This helps teachers and students cover curriculum content and provides a better educational experience.
- Starting before Labor Day allows for better schedule alignment of the primary, middle, and high school calendars, so that families with students at different levels experience more consistency.
- School districts are encouraged by the Oregon School Athletic Association (OSAA) to start in August, to better align with other Oregon schools and the OSAA fall sports schedule.
- The district wants to consistently start school before Labor Day into the future, so that WLWV families know what to prepare for.
Go to EMS District Facility Scheduling System to request or view facility use.
Using facilities outside of school hours must be booked in the EMS System.