The West Linn-Wilsonville School District community shapes our children's future with knowledge and hope, with tradition and vision. We hold the following beliefs as the foundation of education for our next generation.
- Professionalized Learning to increase student performance through purposeful experience and reflection, integrating multiple ways of knowing and expressing understanding.
- Passion for excellence and the development of individual expertise and craftsmanship.
- Individual and Collaborative Effort knowing that what we do makes a difference for ourselves and our world.
- Personal and Social Responsibility extending interpersonal concern to the future and stewardship for the Earth and its inhabitants.
- An Ethical Spirit the commitment to integrity, honesty, trust, fairness, justice, and compassion.
- Continuous Improvement reflecting a desire to continually improve and become better.
- Respect and appreciate the richness that diversity of culture, beliefs, ideas, and experience offers an interdependent community.
- The Family as the primary support for the learner, while expanding the circle of support through business and community partnerships.
In the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, we believe that all students belong.
The evidence from 30 years of educational research shows that all students do better in inclusive settings - including students with and without disabilities.
We are committed to creating equity and inclusivity throughout our learning communities.
Promoting inclusive and equitable classrooms involves 7 key components:
- Effective Physical Spaces
- Teaching Common Expectations
- Engagement Strategies
- Teaching Social-Emotional Skills
- Relationships with High Expectations
- Routines, Rituals and Recognition
- Restorative Practices
Inclusive and Equitable Learning Communities - Circles Handout with 7 Components Chart