Students are assigned to a “home school” in their “home attendance area” based on their legal address of residence, as provided by their parent or legal guardian. A transfer request is required to attend a school other than the home school; students may not attend another school without valid permission. (Homeless students should contact their counselor or principal to see if they qualify for Title X provisions.)
Q: What school boundary do I reside in?A: Use our School Locator.If you are attempting to determine which SCHOOL DISTRICT an address is allocated to, you will be best served to use the Locator provided by the county - Clackamas County Online Mapping Application (CMAP).If you are attempting to determine which West Linn-Wilsonville school an address is allocated to, you should use our locator - http://apps.schoolsitelocator.com/?districtcode=00091.Simply put, the COUNTY is the authority when determining DISTRICT boundaries. The DISTRICT is the authority when determining school boundaries within the district.
There are 2 transfer processes available:
1. In-District Application (for use by Residents of the West Linn-Wilsonville School District)
Please read: Board Policy JECBB(1) In-District (within the district) requests: This transfer would be used if you reside within the West Linn-Wilsonville School District boundaries and you would like to request your student attend a different school than your home school.
It is the policy of the Board that every student attends the school that serves the attendance area in which the student lives. However, the Board recognizes that in certain situations, a transfer to another attendance area within the district may be in the best interest of the individual student.
Therefore, parent/guardian requests for student transfers to another attendance area may be approved by the Superintendent in the order in which they are received subject to the following conditions:
- The requested school is open to in-district transfers.
- There is adequate space at the student’s grade level for added enrollment.
- The student’s parent/guardian assumes responsibility for transporting the student to the school he/she would be attending.
- Attendance plays an integral role in the success of your child and is a consideration regarding the ongoing viability of any transfer.
- This approval will be annually reviewed by district staff and reassignment to the school that serves the attendance area in which the student lives may be necessary in any subsequent year.
- Lowrie and Trillium Creek Primary Schools are not open for In-District transfers.
- Rosemont Ridge Middle School will be open for In-District transfers beginning with the 2021-2022 school year.
- Transfers to Arts & Technology HS from West Linn HS and Wilsonville HS include a process with your student's current school and Arts & Technology HS. Please contact your student's counselor or principal, or the principal at Arts & Technology HS for more information about the transfer process.
A one-time transfer application is needed for the requested school unless the parent/guardian wishes to change their child to a different school outside of the child's attendance area within the district. Additionally, a one-time transfer application is needed when a child moves from primary-to-middle school and from middle-to-high school.
Process: Parent/guardian must submit the In-District Transfer Application (above) for consideration.2. Inter-District (for use by non-residents requesting entry and for residents requesting release)
TO the West Linn-Wilsonville School District: Inter-District Transfer applications to attend the West Linn-Wilsonville School District for the 2021-2022 school year will be available beginning February 16th and the deadline is June 11, 2021.
FROM the West Linn-Wilsonville School District: Inter-District Transfer applications for release will be available beginning February 16th and will be approved beginning March 1st. All seniors (12th graders) will be released in addition to 25 students.
(2) Inter-District Transfer Requests for the 2021-2022 School Year:
APPLICATIONS TO the West Linn-Wilsonville School District will be accepted for:Openings are ONLY available for:
- Non-resident students currently enrolled in the West Linn-Wilsonville District (students that experienced a mid-year or mid-summer move within the last year)
- Siblings of non-resident students currently enrolled in the West Linn-Wilsonville District
- Families who present a Hardship Cause (Senate Bill 709, ORS 581-021-0019)
Openings are NOT available at the following schools:
- Lowrie Primary School
- Trillium Creek Primary School
- Rosemont Ridge Middle School
- Arts & Technology High School
No new families will be accepted for the 2021-22 school year. This includes preschool children who may be attending district preschool programs from out-of-district residences.REQUESTS FROM the West Linn-Wilsonville School District:The district will approve all seniors (12th graders) and 25 requests for Inter-District transfer OUT for the 2021-22 school year in the following order beginning March 1, 2020:
- All senior students currently enrolled in High School at the requested school district will be approved for release. (In addition to the 25 slots.)
- Resident students who are currently enrolled in High School at the requested school district
- Resident students who are currently enrolled in Middle or Primary School at the requested school district
- Siblings of students who are currently enrolled in the requested school district
- Students making new transfer requests
Key Dates / Process Timeline:
Inter-District Transfer application deadline is June 11, 2021. Once the student has been notified of approval, student will enroll by June 20th into the West Linn-Wilsonville School District. Failure to register will result in nullification of the transfer agreement.
- By June 30th, the district shall provide written notification to the district where the student's legal residence is located.
- Attendance and behavior play an integral role in the success of your child and is a consideration in the transfer contractual agreement.
- Transportation to the West Linn-Wilsonville School District from another district is the responsibility of the transferring student and family. Students will be allowed access to transportation if they can get to an existing bus stop on an established route for the school they will be attending. Please contact First Student for possible arrangements: 503.570.8604.
- Once a student has been accepted into the West Linn-Wilsonville School District the student is considered a resident of this district until the student graduates from high school, enrolls in a school in a different district, or is no longer required to be admitted to the school district under ORS 339.133. Students do not have to reapply every year.
- Acceptance of a non-resident admission under ORS 339.133(5)(b) does not guarantee athletic eligibility at the high school level. OSAA rules apply and should be carefully considered when making application.
Interested non-resident students must submit an Inter-District Transfer Application and have your resident district send the West Linn-Wilsonville School District a SIGNED release by June 11, 2021.
Inter-District Transfer (IDT) Application to REMAIN (or for incoming siblings of currently enrolled students) in the WLWV District: Application to REMAIN
Inter-District Transfer (IDT) Application for RELEASE from the WLWV District: Application for RELEASE
You can submit your completed form by email (preferred), fax, or mail to:
Kelly Douglas, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent & School Board
Email: email@example.comFax: 503-673-7001Phone: 503-673-7034
Mail: West Linn-Wilsonville S.D.
Kelly Douglas, Superintendent's Office
22210 SW Stafford Rd.
Tualatin, Oregon 97062Terms of Transfer
Transfers are subject to availability of space, resources, personnel and appropriate programs. Transportation is the responsibility of the family. Failing to meet transfer conditions, violating district policies, or providing false statements or documentation may result in immediate revocation of a transfer, and the student will need to return to their home school or district.
Non-ResidentsThe West Linn-Wilsonville School District will not consider requests from non-residents until the resident school district has released the student. Both districts must approve the transfer before the student may enroll.
If your resident district has denied your release request to attend the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, you can request to attend via a tuition option ONLY UNDER THE CURRENT Inter-District Transfer parameters and timeline (see above). This process is reviewed annually.If you have any QUESTIONS regarding transfers please contact:Kelly Douglas, Superintendent's Office(503) 673-7034