Welcome to Fourth Grade!
Welcome to fourth grade at Willamette Primary!
There are so many experiences to look forward to this year including:
- Field Trips: We take our learning on the road as we participate in community service projects by helping to reforest our local White Oaks Savanna as well as, volunteer at the Oregon Food Bank. We will also extend our classroom studies of the Oregon Trail and pioneer life at our overnight field trip to Camp Kuratli in the spring
- Architects in the School: We meet regularly with a local architect to learn about architectural styles, drawing to scale, and designing our own dream homes!
- Reading Buddies: Each fourth grader is partnered up with a first grade buddy and we meet weekly to read with one another!
- Willamette Market: Students in 4th/5th grades create wares to sell at the Market in support of our overnight field trips. Students learn about the design process, creating prototypes, receiving feedback, and lessons in economics including supply and demand, and profit margins. Great learning opportunity and so much fun for our entire Willamette communities
- Taking the Genre Challenge to read 30 books across 10 different genres to reach personal goals!
- Publishing entertaining stories, convincing persuasive essays, and informative and descriptive research
- Art projects including: paper collage molas, oil pastel self-portraits, clay creations, acrylic painting, and more!
- Poetry month- Read and write a variety of poetry, participate in Poem in Your Pocket Day, and a poetry cafe!
- Hands-on experiences and experiments to discover scientific topics including geology and earth studies, human body, force and motion, and the science of sound!
- And so much more!
Fourth grade is an exciting year. I hope you are looking forward to it as much as I am!
Thank you for stopping by!
Ms. Amy Thibault