Setting Up the First Time
• Open up FileBrowser
• On the upper left side of the screen, next to Locations, tap the “+” symbol.
• In the first box, choose PC
• In the next box, for Enter MY-PC-NAME …, tap the Tap Here
• For Address, type in iwms-home.wlwv.k12.or.us
• For Display name, that is up to you, but it could be something like “WLWV drives”
• For User Name, you have 3 options:
a. Blank – This is only used if you don’t user a user name, but you do. So, don’t pick this one.
b. On demand – This option will prompt you to type in the user name when needed.
c. Edit – This allows you to type in your user name now, so the iPad will always remember it.
• For Password, you also have 3 options:
• Blank – This is only used if you don’t have a password, but you do. So, don’t pick this one.
• On demand – This option will prompt you to type in the password when needed.
• Edit – This allows you to type in your password now, so the iPad will always remember it. Probably not very safe, since this has access to your home (h:) drive.
(Note: It is possible to type in your password information now, and then set up a password just for FileBrowser so no one could open the app without entering a special password.)
• Tape Advanced Settings
• For Enable NetBios, choose “On”
• Compatibility Mode should be “Off”
• Auto List Shares should be “On”
• Auto Connect VPN should be “Off”
• SMB Pipelining should be “On”
• SMB Port Number needs to be changed to “336”
After you have made all of these settings, tap the “Save” button in the upper right hand corner.
On the left hand side, under Remote Files, you should see the connection you made for your WLWV drives. Tape that name.
If you selected “On Demand” for either username or password, you will be asked for that information now. After you type it in, tap “Connect”. The first time you do this, you will be asked if you want FileBrowser to remember these settings. If you choose “Yes”, then it will memorize your password as well.
If you told FileBrowser to remember your information, it should connect you right away.
You will see the drive names on the right hand side.
StudentHome -> leads you to each of the student home (h) drives.
TeacherHome -> leads you to both the Teacher Common (i) Drive and your Home (h) Drive.
FileBrowser will allow you to open and view documents, but it will not allow you to create or edit documents.