The district's new third high school is planned to be a four-year comprehensive high school for grades 9-12, including core academic subject areas, co-curricular activities, access to OSAA athletics, performing and visual arts, clubs, and all of the opportunities that students have at the district's existing high schools.
The new school will also center in three new CTE (Career and Technical Education) pathway options in the areas of:
- Health Occupations
- Business and Marketing
- Construction and Architecture
The new third high school is set to open in 2023-24 and part of the planning process includes selecting a name for the school. The district would like input from the West Linn-Wilsonville community as part of that process.
The naming process will include the following steps:
- The district will accept potential school names, including rationale, through February 12, 2022. Communities are asked to provide feedback through the online survey.
- Names of community members, current or historic figures will not be considered.
- The Planning Principal will host informational events during the submission period at West Linn High School, Wilsonville High School, Athey Creek Middle School, Inza Wood Middle School, Meridian Creek Middle School, and Rosemont Ridge Middle School. These events will serve to generate interest in the new high school, provide input from students about the new high school, and work to broaden and diversify name submission entries.
- The district will gather a representative group of students and staff along with Planning Principal, Assistant Superintendent, and Superintendent to review all submissions and create a slate of top recommended names. Top recommendations will not be based solely on popularity or frequency of submission of a name.
- The final slate will be submitted to the board, along with the raw data of all submissions, at the February 28, 2022 Work Session. The Board will review the slate of recommended submissions and vote on a name from that slate at the Work Session.