Wilsonville High School Music/Drama Classroom Addition/Remodel
WHS Performing Arts UpdatePosted by Amy Berger at 4/20/2017
- The project is substantially complete and the building is being used by the high school
- Unforseen conditions during construction extended the construction duration into February
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing complete
- Finishes complete
- The project is in closeout, minor outstanding scope to be completed over the coming months
WHS Performing Arts UpdatePosted by Amy Berger at 1/20/2017
- Unforseen conditions during construction have extended the construction duration into February
- Concrete floor slab complete
- Concrete choir risers complete
- Structural steel and roof complete
- Exterior walls for addition underway
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing underway
- Finishes underway
- All scope scheduled to be complete by mid-February
WHS Performing Arts UpdatePosted by Amy Berger at 10/12/2016
- Unforseen conditions during construction have extended the construction duration to the end of the academic semester in January.
- The new bus lane was paved
- New sidewalks are well underway
- Landscaping and irrigation began
- Structural steel and roof
- Concrete floor for addition
- Exterior walls for addition
- Concrete choir risers
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing
WHS Performing Arts UpdatePosted by Amy Berger at 7/28/2016
Wilsonville High School Performing Arts Remodel
- The contract was awarded to TS Gray and the work has begun on site.
- Sitework demolition is complete.
- Selective building demolition is nearing completion.
- Underground utilities are nearing completion and footings and foundations are underway.
- Site Construction will be substantially complete before start of school as planned.
- Building renovation will begin in late summer and continue through the fall as planned.
Wilsonville High Performing Arts Renovation & Addition UpdatePosted by Amy Berger at 4/20/2016
Wilsonville High Performing Arts Renovation & Addition
- The construction document estimate showed a marked increase in the anticipated cost of construction based on current market conditions and escalation. The project's current funding accounts for the value of the estimate.
- The construction document drawings were reviewed and feedback provided to the design team.
- The building permit is ready for pickup from the City of Wilsonville.
- The project was publicly advertised and three genreal contractors submitted bids. The low bid was submitted by TS Gray Construction in the amount of $2,303,213.00. The bid was deemed reasonable, responsive and within current funding. The School Board authorized staff to execute a contract for construction.
- The contractor will prepare submittals and coordinate with the District in advance of construction start on June 13, 2016.
Project DescriptionPosted by Amy Berger at 10/21/2015
The Wilsonville High School performing arts program continues to experience increased participation. Improvements to the performing arts area are necessary to accommodate these growing programs. The project will include a larger choir room with built-in risers. It will also include a larger band room with adequate storage space for band and orchestra instruments. An additional dressing room and drama storage will help relieve pressure in the existing spaces. A series of small group practice spaces will provide much needed break-out capacity for all these programs. All spaces are of comparable size to those at West Linn High School. Adding all these features requires a small addition at the front of the school and reorganization of the front parking lot. It also provides for an attractive new performing arts entry.
Some characteristics of the new design:
- 4,277 Square Foot Addition
- New Band and Choir Rooms
- New Performing Arts Entry
- New Dressing Room
- Small Group Practice Rooms
- Performing Arts Storage
The project is currently in the construction document phase and the project will go out to bid in the Spring with completion Winter 2016.