Students and their parents have the RIGHT:
- To inspect and review the student's records.
- To receive a copy of the student's educational records.
- To request that the records be amended to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
- To consent to disclosure, with certain exceptions, of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records.
- To file a complaint regarding the District's compliance with the federal law governing educational records.
- To obtain a copy of the District Student Records Policy from the Superintendent's Office.
Eligible students and their parents have the RESPONSIBILITY:
- To make a written request to the principal to inspect any of the student's educational records. The request should specify as precisely as possible the record to be inspected.
Educational records requested under OAR 581-21-250 (l) (m) and (p) will be forwarded within 10 days of receiving the request. The school will also release directory information unless the parent or eligible student requests otherwise. Providing a student's social security number is voluntary. An amendment to a student's education record may be made to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of a student's rights.