MOTOR VEHICLES AND BUS TRANSPORTATION
TRAVELING TO AND FROM SCHOOL
Students have the right, in coming to or going from school, to a safe environment free of harassment, intimidation, or any threat to personal safety. Students will be subject to school discipline for conduct on the way to and from school or at lunch.
Vehicle parking at Wilsonville High School is offered to Seniors and a limited number of Juniors only. Sophomores and Freshman will not be allowed to park on campus. Parking permit tags must be purchased and displayed. Each student will be assigned a specific parking space in a school lot (Front, Pointe, Tennis or Boeckman) and will be given a corresponding permit. Parking permits need to be purchased through the bookkeeper’s office for $85 with ASB card. Students must hang their WHS parking permit from the rearview mirror when on campus. Student cars not displaying a parking permit or parked in staff or other reserved spaces will be subject to a $20 fine for the first violation. Second violation will result in a $40 fine. Students may have their parking privileges revoked if 3 or more violations occur during the school year.
Permission to drive and park on campus may be revoked at any time due to a driving infraction or if a student does not maintain good standing with respect to behavior and attendance. In cases of serious driving infractions, law enforcement may be notified.
For specific route information, go to: https://www.wlwv.k12.or.us/Page/11910. Students must follow the rules governing behavior on school buses or may forfeit the right to ride. Students should understand that the bus driver is responsible for the safety of students. A licensed teacher or certified coach is responsible for establishing departure times of field trips and school activities, and for maintaining order during these trips.
The following are state regulations from OAR 581-53-010:
- Pupils being transported are under authority of the bus driver.
- Fighting, wrestling or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.
- Pupils shall use the emergency door only in case of an emergency.
- Pupils shall be on time for the bus both morning and evening.
- Pupils shall not bring animals, firearms, weapons, or other potentially hazardous material on the bus.
- Pupils shall remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Pupils may be assigned seats by bus driver.
- When necessary to cross the road, pupils shall cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
- Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms, or head through bus windows.
- Pupils shall have written permission to leave the bus other than at home or school.
- Pupils shall converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of the driver.
- Pupils shall keep the bus clean, and must refrain from damaging it.
- Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils, and passersby.
- Pupils who refuse to obey promptly the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their privilege to ride on the bus.
- Rules Governing Pupils Riding School Buses must be kept posted in a conspicuous place in all school buses.