General Cross-Country Information
Dear Mid Level Students, Families and Caregivers,
Mid Level Cross Country is finally here!
The district has opened outdoor areas on district grounds for regulated and restrictive co-curricular gatherings (within OHA and ODE guidelines).
This means that Co-Curricular Activities and Athletic groups have begun outdoor gatherings, practices and workouts. At the mid-level, we will start with deliberate caution and with restrictive safety guidelines, with the intention of adjusting and growing opportunities for our students.
Middle School Cross Country will look a little different this year. Key things to note are that this season will emphasize conditioning, teamwork and fitness. We will not be holding any in person meets and students will experience Cross Country with a small cohort of fellow athletes. Practice schedules will be determined based on level of interest, coaching availability and capacity of spaces.
Here are the guidelines:
- Outdoor Only
- Stable Cohorts of 10-15 students; No more than 60 students on campus at a time.
- Up to 60 minutes on campus, including sign in and check out
- A program can have more than 10-15 students show up, but stay in a separate cohort group and with a different advisor/coach.
- Proper Social Distancing/Masks requirements.
- Students must have an updated physical and sign the Communicable Disease Student Agreement Form as part of their registration
- Coaches Certifications completed.
- There will NOT be any student fees
- Transportation to and from activities will need to be provided by individual families and caregivers.
Once we have a good understanding of student participation, we will work on the scheduling of our facilities to accommodate our athletes and share specifics around days of the week and times.
Please have your student register for Cross Country via the online forms below.
Mid Level Athletic DirectorsAthletic Registration Information/Requirements:
Registration must be completed online and a current physical must be on file to be cleared to participate in Cross Country. Please scan and email to Alison Steinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org if we don't already have it on file and it is completed after 10/31/18. Please call the office at 503-673-7550 if you need assistance delivering these files to us digitally.
1) On-line Registration. Unfortunately, registration is closed for this season.
2) Physical Exam Form - click PHYSICAL EXAM FORM - (if we have a physical on file completed after 10/31/18 you will not need a new one). If a parent needs to check to see if physical is still valid they can email Alison Steinberg at email@example.com.
3) Communicable Disease Student Agreement Form click
Practice informationPractices will be determined based on student interest and cohorting requirements.