Related Arts Supply List
Rosemont Ridge Middle School Related Arts Supply List 2020-2021
Related arts teachers will distribute a list of supplies their students will need within the first week of classes each semester. Here are some items to get started with:
- World Language-French, Spanish and Chinese-a spiral notebook or journal for each student. (Returning 7th and 8th graders can continue with their journals started in 6th grade.) One folder with pockets, eraser, paper, highlighters and ruler for individual use, as well as enough pencils to be supplied on a daily basis. One box of tissues for classroom use.
- Band-instrument and clearly marked case, $10 for a band t-shirt, box of tissues to donate to band classroom, fee for 8th grade and jazz overnight festival trip (details to follow). Teacher will also discuss concert attire. Students should plan to borrow, rent or buy instruments. Feel free to discuss this with the band teacher. **A few school owned instruments are available for student use with teacher coordination.
- Jazz Band-Mr. Moss will give eligible students details about fees and practices (held before school) for this group.
- Orchestra-instrument, case, bow, shoulder rest for violins and violas, luggage ID tag for your instrument, concert attire (teacher will discuss), $15 for orchestra t-shirt, 1” black 3-ring binder (optional: sheet protectors and dividers), notebook paper and pencils, box of tissues to donate to the classroom, fees for occasional trips throughout the year. Method book for Beginning Orchestra: Essential Elements Book 1 for your instrument. Method book for Advanced Orchestra: Essential Elements Book 2 for your instrument. **A few school owned instruments are available for student use with teacher coordination.
- Chamber Orchestra-Ms. Gendron-Dupont will give eligible students details regarding fees and practices (held before school) for this group.
- Guitar-guitar (acoustic or classical) and case, luggage ID tag, guitar picks, method book Contemporary Class Guitar by Will Schmid, published by Hal Leonard, 1 folder with pockets, notebook paper and pencils, box of tissues to donate to the classroom. Optional supplies: guitar strap, capo, tuner. **A limited number of school guitars available for student use with teacher coordination.
- Music Exploration-folder with pockets, notebook paper, pencils, box of tissues for the classroom.
- 6th and 7th Grade Choir- regular folder 2-pocker folder with center fasteners, 25 sheets of lined paper, box of 12 pencils for communal supplies, one box of tissues to donate to classroom.
- 8th Grade Choir- one box of pre-sharpened pencils and one box tissues for communal classroom supplies.
- Nuance (Audition choir)-$75 fee for the year. This also covers track and/or XC if student takes part in multiple activities. There will also be fees for various field trips, including an overnight trip.
- Drama-a folder with pockets, one composition book, pencils and a highlighter
- Wellness-leggings/shorts of student’s choice, tennis shoes with light soles and a wellness t-shirt. Wellness t-shirts are required and can be purchased for approximately $15 at Hometown Sports in your choice of cotton or dri-fit. Teachers will send home specific details in the first week of the semester. Students are not expected to bring their shirts during the first week of the semester. Gym locker locks will be provided by the school but will be the responsibility of the student.
- Art-Students will need to purchase a sketchbook through the RRMS office once the semester begins. Fee is $5 (approx). Ms. Schorr will give an additional list during the first week of the semester. If there are changes regarding shared art supplies due to COVID-19 concerns, we will keep you informed.