Big Idea #4 Assignments, Links, & Downloads Mr. Schuster's Notes
Welcome to AP Biology!
- Getting oriented, introductions
- Review & Submit Summer Assignment 2018-19
- Assignments will be due on Tuesdays (at least that's the current idea)
- Discuss and Record: List the 7 Characteristics of Life? More or fewer?
- Which among the characteristics of life is the most defining?
- If you have an excused absence, how do you make up the work?
- Heads up! Your first exam essay is about the properties of water. Now you know.
- Argue that reproduction is the most significant characteristic of life. Argue that fire is alive.
- What are the 7+1 Themes of Biology? What is the theme of ANY biology class? What makes thematic learning a powerful learning strategy?
- Overview of biology's 4 Big Ideas. What should they be?
- At which of the 10 levels of Biological Organization does evolution occur?
- Take your Summer Assignment Exam Friday.
Items to photocopy:
Suffixes reference sheet
Assumptions of Darwin & Quiz*
Student Information Sheet
Law, Hypothesis, Theory
Section 1.1 Overview & Approaches to Biology*
Detecting Patterns in Science words
Late work passes
Chapters 1, 2, & 3 Exam
*front and back
- Review for your exam on Friday. Topics include:
· Chapter 1: Introduction: Themes in the Study of Life,
· Chapter 2: The Chemical Context of Life,
· Chapter 3: Water and Life, &
· Chapter 52: An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
Big Idea #4 Assignments, Links, & Downloads
Evolution and the Origin of Life
- The Sig Figs are Coming!
- There are 153 Learning Objectives for this course
- The 4 Big Ideas in AP Biology Prezi
- The AP Exam Formulae Sheet
- AP Biology Exam FRQ Command Terms
- How to Read a Table or Graph
- Watch/Practice/Understand Bozemanscience Standard Deviation
Course Sequence: Connecionst to each big idea
- Evolution, origin of life
- Biochem REDOX
- Cells and cell signaling + Nervous, endochrine + Immune
- CR and PS
- Molecular bio: Operons and biotech
- Physiology (covered by #3)
- Ecology with emphasis on populations