RRMS Bus Regulations & Procedures
The safety of all students riding to and from school is one of our most important areas of concern. Listed below are the rules for riding the bus in the West Linn-Wilsonville School District
- Pupils being transported are under the authority of the bus driver.
- Fighting, wrestling, or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.
- Pupils shall use the emergency door only in case of emergency.
- Pupils shall be on time for the bus both in the morning and afternoon.
- Pupils shall not bring animals, firearms, weapons, or other potential hazardous material on the bus.
- Pupils shall remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Pupils may be assigned seats by the bus driver.
- When necessary to cross the road, pupils shall cross in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
- Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms, or heads through the bus windows.
- Pupils shall have written permission to leave the bus other than at home or school.
- Pupils should converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of the driver.
- Pupils shall keep the bus clean and must refrain from damaging it.
- Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils and passersby.
- Pupils who refuse to obey promptly the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their right to ride on the bus.
If a student does not follow these rules, the bus driver is responsible for giving that person a "Citation for Misbehavior on School Bus". This citation will have a description of misbehavior and will need the signature of a parent and administrator. A parent contact may be made to discuss the issue. If a student receives a second citation , a parent conference with the driver and school official may occur. A third citation will result in removal from bus transportation for a period of time to be determined by the school and bus company. Parents will be responsible for transportation during that time. It is our sincere hope that we will never have to ask a student not to ride a bus because of misbehavior.