The West Linn-Wilsonville School District community shapes our children's future with knowledge and hope, with tradition and vision. We hold the following beliefs as the foundation of education for our next generation.
- Professionalized Learning to increase student performance through purposeful experience and reflection, integrating multiple ways of knowing and expressing understanding.
- Passion for excellence and the development of individual expertise and craftsmanship.
- Individual and Collaborative Effort knowing that what we do makes a difference for ourselves and our world.
- Personal and Social Responsibility extending interpersonal concern to the future and stewardship for the Earth and its inhabitants.
- An Ethical Spirit the commitment to integrity, honesty, trust, fairness, justice, and compassion.
- Continuous Improvement reflecting a desire to continually improve and become better.
- Respect and appreciate the richness that diversity of culture, beliefs, ideas, and experience offers an interdependent community.
- The Family as the primary support for the learner, while expanding the circle of support through business and community partnerships.
In the West Linn-Wilsonville School District, we believe that all students belong.
The evidence from 30 years of educational research shows that all students do better in inclusive settings - including students with and without disabilities.
We are committed to creating equity and inclusivity throughout our learning communities.
Promoting inclusive and equitable classrooms involves 7 key components:
- Effective Physical Spaces
- Teaching Common Expectations
- Engagement Strategies
- Teaching Social-Emotional Skills
- Relationships with High Expectations
- Routines, Rituals and Recognition
- Restorative Practices
Inclusive and Equitable Learning Communities - Circles Handout with 7 Components Chart
District and School Equity Teams
Every West Linn-Wilsonville School has its own Equity Team in addition to the District-wide Equity Team. It is the West Linn-Wilsonville School District's belief that equity takes commitment from all staff members and from the entire system. To learn more about your school's Equity Team, and the Equity work taking place within the district, please contact your school's principal.