Primary Strings Program
West Linn-Wilsonville Primary Strings
Strings starts today!
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Stafford Primary School - 2:30-3:15 p.m.
Parents: please make sure to pick up your students at Stafford in a timely manner. Pick-up will take place in the Stafford GYM.
For those students taking the Wilsonville return bus, the bus will arrive at Boeckman at 3:33 p.m. and Lowrie at 3:52 p.m.
Our first concert will take place Thursday, December 12
at Rosemont Ridge Middle School - save the date!
Dear Parents and Students,
We are very excited about the beginning strings and intermediate orchestra program. A strong strings program starts at the primary level. Our goal is to provide instruction that will develop a lifetime of music, discipline, confidence, lasting friendships and accomplishment. We look forward to an amazing year of music and learning.
To assist in making our strings program as accessible as possible, we are offering instruction 2 days per week at Stafford Primary School, our most central district location, with bus service provided TO Stafford from your neighborhood school! Wilsonville students will be able to take a return bus AFTER Strings class to one of two Wilsonville drop off locations: Boeckman Creek Primary or Lowrie Primary School. We are sorry there is no other return busing available at this time; parents are responsible for timely pickup at Stafford after strings class unless students are riding the Wilsonville return bus.
- Who can join: Any 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade student!
- When: Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:30 - 3:15 pm at Stafford Primary School (Classes begin Tuesday, October 15th.)
- Cost: $199 for the year (payable to WLWV School District)
- Strings Registration fee can also be paid by credit card online! Please follow this link: https://www.schoolpay.com/parent/mip/MbSn (or visit our district webpage - departments - businessoffice - credit card payments)
- Instruments: Students can choose to play violin, viola, cello, or double bass. You will need to provide your own instrument. If you do not have an instrument of your own, we recommend renting a good quality instrument from a shop that specializes in string instruments. For information on renting, please contact our Strings Director, Nathan Givens at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intermediate Orchestra: Students must have completed one year of beginning strings or have at least one year of previous playing experience to enroll in Intermediate Orchestra.
- Winter Concert - Thursday December 12, 2019 at Rosemont Ridge Middle School (main gym)
- Spring Concert - TBA
- Registration: Please send your registration form and fee to:
- Julie Lane - West Linn-Wilsonville School District 22210 SW Stafford Road Tualatin, OR 97062
- Parent Information Meeting (optional): On Tuesday, September 24th from 6:30 - 7:30 pm, we will be hosting an informational meeting at the West Linn-Wilsonville School District Offce (22210 SW Stafford Road Tualatin, OR 97062). We hope to answer any additional question you may have. Students are encouraged to attend as we will have instruments available for sizing and hands-on testing. The parent meeting is completely optional.
*Please return the registration form to register your child, even if you are paying online.*