Oregon House Bill 3454 specifies that when a student requests a reimbursable meal during meal service, they shall receive a meal regardless of the ability to pay for meals. A reimbursable meal consists of at least three (3) components from the five (5) following food groups; Meat/Meat Alternate, Grain, Vegetable, Fruit and Fluid Milk. A student must take a minimum of 3 components from the 5 options, and one of the components must be at least 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable. For clarification purposes, the cost or accrued negative balances for received meals are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- West Linn-Wilsonville School District will not publicly identify a student who cannot pay for a meal because of a negative balance.
- Student balance information will be provided only if a student inquires.
- Students will not be allowed to charge for second meals or individual cartons of milk or juice. All a la carte items must be paid for with available funds in a student’s cafeteria account.
- Adults cannot charge meals or a la carte items. All items must be paid for in cash or with funds from the adult’s cafeteria account.
Charging Limit and Account Restrictions
- Due to provisions in Oregon law, the district is unable to establish a charging limit for all accounts.
- Parents or guardians can request meal purchasing restrictions, in writing, by submitting this online form.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.