FAQs - Payroll Frequently Asked Questions

  •  ***Please note that the following payroll practices are not intended to override any agreement in any union contracts. 

    Q - What if I misplaced my paycheck or it was lost in the mail?

    A - We put all paychecks in the mail the day before payday and at that point we have delivered your check. If your check is lost, stolen or did not arrive in your mailbox please contact the payroll department.  We will wait 10 days after payday to see if the check arrives, comes back to us or is found.  After 10 days, we will begin the reissue process.  This process typically takes 48 hours.  Once the replacement check has been issued we will mail it to your home or you may come to the district office and pick it up. 

    Q - Why should I sign up for direct deposit?

    A - Over 90% of district staff takes advantage of direct deposit for their paychecks. With direct deposit you will receive your pay in a timelier manner, and it will prevent the possibility of lost checks and delays that may be caused by varying mail schedules.  Paper checks are mailed out the day before payday.  After that, your check is in the hands of the mail delivery system.

    Q - If I submit a direct deposit form, will my next check go directly into my account?

    A - If you are a Licensed, Classified or Admin/Confidential employee and you turn your direct deposit form in by the cut-off date, your upcoming paycheck will be direct deposit. If you turn your form in after the cut-off day then your next paycheck will be mailed to your home and your direct deposit will begin on the following month.

    All other employee direct deposit forms will typically be entered into the system when we receive your first timecard.  So your first check will have to be mailed to your home and all subsequent checks will be direct deposited.

    *** If there are ANY changes to your direct deposit after the cut-off date, you must notify the payroll department immediately.  Payroll is finalized several days before payday so if you let us know of a change too late that change may not take effect right away.

    Q - If I resign from the district when will my insurance end?

    A - If your last day of work is between the 1st and the 14th your insurance will end on the last day of the month that you worked.  If your last day is between the 15th and the end of the month, your insurance will be active through the following month.

    Q - I am a substitute teacher but have not worked in a while. Do I need to fill out any new paperwork?

    A - If you turned in the verification of your training completion at the beginning of the year and there are no changes to your personal information, there is nothing you need to do. If there have been any changes to your personal information (ex. address, phones number, W-4 information or direct deposit information) you will need to update your information.

    Q - I have just moved and am not sure where to go to change my address.

    A - If you are a Licensed, Classified or Admin/Confidential employee you will need to go into iVisions to change your address. https://visions.clackesd.k12.or.us/wlwv/

    All other employees will need to go to the district site under Forms & Systems, District Forms to change your address. http://www2.wlwv.k12.or.us/EmployeeResources/DistrictForms/Address_Change.asp

    Please note – This will only change your address in the district system.  This will not change your address with any health insurance or TSA’s. Contact your TSA directly to change personal information.

    More Questions?  PR-Ben@wlwv.k12.or.us