Why Walk and Bike to School?
Walking and biking promotes healthy, active living and is a great source of exercise! It can promote weight loss and heighten energy levels. walking and biking also reduces the need to drive, which costs money and produces greenhouse emissions. METRO found that "the households that walk and cycle as the primary modes of travel save an average of $694 per month."
*Stafford Primary School - this school does not have walking areas - all students use transportation.
*Athey Creek Middle School - this school does not have walking areas - all students use transportation.
Be Predictable! Be Alert! Be Prepared!
- Obey traffic signs and lights
- Use hand signals when biking
- Go slowly on sidewalks when biking and ride in the roadway when safe
- Use caution when cars are turning across bike lanes or through sidewalks
- Be visible! Wear bright colored clothing
- Ride and walk so drivers can see you and predict your movements