Circles of Support Process
Guiding Principles:How do we create learning communities for the greatest thinkers and most thoughtful people...for the world?The Circles of Support Process is designed to improve instruction for all learners and to ensure that every child knows they are a competent contributor to the school community and that he/she belongs. Therefore, the process begins with the child, the parent, and the classroom teacher knowing the child deeply within a strengths-based framework.Resources:
- ePEP Login
- Circles of Support Updated Guidance (Updated Spring 2022)
- Speech and Language Considerations in the Child Study Process
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy Considerations in the Child Study Process
- Guidance for Circles of Support for Students with a Current IEP
- Support for students with fine and gross motor needs in the Circles Process:
If you have a student in Circles of Support who is presenting with motor challenges (fine or gross motor) or sensory needs, please consult the following document and the Motor Team Website for ideas regarding support that can be integrated into the students Circle of Support Action Plan.
The motor team website is also a fabulous resource for universal classroom supports for regulation and fine motor strengthening! For handwriting specific interventions, take a look at this 15 Minute Handwriting Intervention for Circles of Support
Note: If you have a student who is beginning the consent for evaluation process, the motor team member will get consent via email for a screener to determine if assessment is needed in the areas of fine and gross motor.