COVID-19 Information and Updates
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Oregon Health Authority (OHA), and Clackamas County Health Department (CCHD), are monitoring a novel coronavirus (COVID-19). West Linn-Wilsonville School District is also monitoring the risk of the virus and is in close communication with OHA and CCHD public health officials. For general information about COVID-19 in Oregon, please call 211.
The CDC offers the following tips to help prevent COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses. Please see materials from the Oregon Health Authority below for more information about COVID-19.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand-sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Oregon Health Authority Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources
OREGON DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION QUESTIONS ABOUT SCHOOL CLOSURES AND QUESTIONS FROM STAFF
TALKING TO CHILDREN ABOUT COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
NASP/NASN Resource for parents: Talking to Children about COVID-19 (available only in English & Spanish)
SAMHSA Resource for parents and teachers when talking to children about coronavirus (available only in English & Spanish)
Talking With Children: TIPS FOR CAREGIVERS, PARENTS, AND TEACHERS DURING INFECTIOUS DISEASE OUTBREAKS