West Linn-Wilsonville School District partners with First Student to provide safe, reliable student transportation for daily home-to-school service, as well as transportation solutions for high school athletics, district school events and school level field trips. First Student also provides individualized transportation for special needs students on a daily basis.
As a national leader in school transportation, First Student has developed and implemented a broad array of initiatives for safe student transportation in coordination with the school district and in compliance with local, state and federal law.
Additionally, the school district works with First Student on a variety of related safety related initiatives including:
- Safe Routes to School
- “Trip-Tracker” software to efficiently schedule activity busses
- Video cameras on all route buses
- Driver certification and training
- Fleet maintenance and replacement
- Walking boundaries
- “No Idling” protocol and practice
- Snow Routes and inclement weather procedures
- Crosswalk and bus stop identification