West Linn-Wilsonville Emergency Operations Plan
The West Linn-Wilsonville School District Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) is an all-hazards plan that describes how the District will organize and respond to emergencies and disasters. The EOP provides guidelines for preventing, protecting, mitigating, responding to, and recovering from emergencies or disasters. The EOP outlines emergency management organization and assigns responsibilities for emergency response functions. The plan is compliant with the National Incident Management System (NIMS), as well as the U.S. Department of Education's Guide for Developing High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans.
It is the goal of the District that responses to emergencies or disaster conditions are conducted in the most organized, efficient, and effective manner possible in coordination with emergency responders and community partners.
Having a District EOP provides benefits to the district as a whole, its individual schools, and the community by:
- Presenting opportunities to engage the whole community—students, parents and guardians, staff, emergency responders, and community members.
- Providing a framework for the School EOP.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Improving response to an emergency situation to prevent injuries, save lives, and allow for a more rapid return to normal school operations.
- Providing a comprehensive understanding of the hazards the District faces.