Writing Strategies to Support a Range of Writers
Questions to consider when planning for writing access:
- What are the student's areas of strength in the area of writing? (ex. generating ideas, legible handwriting, editing, spelling)
- What is the student's current baseline in the area of writing?
- Where specifically is the student getting stuck in the writing process?
- What skill do you want to focus on teaching the student next?
- What strategies and tools can help you teach those skills?
- Who can help with consulting and planning for a a particular student?
Areas to consider when providing supports (see attached pdf document for more detailed examples in each area)
- Cognitive Processing - including Executive Functioning and Attention
- Language Processing
- Motor Planning